Baked Tilapia With Tomatoes
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
4 tilapia fillets
4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1½ tsp. thyme
¼ cup pitted black olives, diced
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup red onion, diced
1 Tbsp. lime juice
Parsley and lemon
wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Arrange fillets in the baking dish. The dish should be large enough so the fillets do not overlap.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon the tomato mixture evenly over the fillets.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and a lemon wedge
265 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 635 mg potassium
This recipe is from our Rhode Ahead cookbook, Healthy and zesty/Salud con sazón, which features 10 Latin American recipes in English and Spanish. Download the cookbook.
National Institutes of Health