- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, about 7 inches long, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 can (14½ oz) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1½ tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and minced
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Add chicken, and sauté for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley, and black pepper. Stir and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side of whole-wheat pasta.
Nutrition facts: 266 calories, 8 g fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrates
National Institutes of Health