Whole-Grain Cranberry Pancakes
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
2 Tbsp. flax meal
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. safflower oil (or other light cooking oil)
1¼ cup low-fat milk
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen, coarsely chopped
Maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, combine flour, flax meal, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk the egg with oil and milk. Add to dry mixture along with cranberries and stir until just combined.
- Heat up large skillet or griddle to medium and lightly grease.
- Place about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes, then flip to cook other side.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
195 calories, 10 g total fat (1.3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 22 g total carbohydrate, 5.7 g protein